Mills Teacher Scholars
We believe that all students can learn and deserve access to instruction that honors and addresses their individual needs. Our mission is to support educational systems to create the conditions for adult learning that are necessary to make this vision a reality.
If improving outcomes for students were simply about training teachers to implement a set of programs, we would be much farther along in our improvement efforts. But learning is more complex than this. Teacher learning that leads to improved opportunities for students across a system requires more than curricular training, program implementation, and dashboard monitoring. It requires collaborative, disciplined curiosity about what is happening for learners inside classrooms. It requires honest learning conversations grounded in empathy, relevant data, and shared responsibility that allow us to confront our implicit biases and build awareness of our effectiveness.
We partner with school and district leaders to create high-quality professional learning communities that result in instructional change.
Check out our work in action!
- Hear from our current partners in the short video on our website.
- Take a peek into one of our district partnerships, as we support principals to create vibrant learning communities at their sites.
- Read this first-person story that best captures our “why,” from Nina, one of our teacher scholars.
Take steps to bolster your own adult learning culture.
- Our new playbook Leading by Learning: A Playbook for Creating the Conditions for Adult Learning offers 4 key mindsets and 4 key practices that lead to meaningful adult learning.
- Partner with us to build a vibrant adult learning culture at all levels of your district.